‘You have a broken back, broken wrist and a severed leg!’ In that moment everything changed. My life took a radical turn as I needed to re-evaluate life and re-organize my priorities. My little light, my daughter, needed me and it was because of her that I was able to push through my own pain and focus on living a good life.
Years of living a hard life had caught up with me and in the passage of time and experiences encountered, I discovered that it is from our greatest challenges that we are able to interact with others to honestly say, ‘Been there, done that.’ And yes, I’ve been there and done that!
Chronic pain is a constant, endometriosis is ongoing, infertility issues still haunt me and being a single mom is challenging in its own way. Yet, I’m a WARRIOR! I am also strong, passionate and live with a no fear attitude. I am accountable, independent and have a ton of love to offer. Considered strong willed, fun loving and playful, interacting with kids and youthful adults is a gift and a blessing.
As a professional I bring years of experience as a dental assistant, creating comfort and safety for those in need. In my own unique way I communicate, teach and advocate with a sense of light hearted humour. As an educator, facilitator and mentor, I support others in living and dying in a supportive and loving way.
I’m an empath, clairvoyant, healer and lightworker, knowing that life is meant to be lived until our very last breath. Whatever the age, from infancy to elder, I can meet you, connect with you, and support you in living and in dying.
~ Janet O’Dell
Death Doula Network of BC
End of Life Doula Association of Canada
National End of Life Doula Alliance
International End of Life Doula Association
- Certified Infant and Pregnancy Loss ~ Doula Canada ~ 2021
- Bloodborn Pathogens ~ Go Safety Compliance Centre ~2021
- Grief Work ~The Institute for the Study of Birth, Breath, and Death ~ 2021
- End of Life Doula ~ Douglas College ~ 2021
- Advanced Care Planning ~ CDC ~ 2021
- Home Funeral Workshop ~ CINDEA (Canadian Integrative Network for Death Education and Alternatives ~ 2021
- Psychological First Aid ~ Johns Hopkins University ~ 2020
- The Science of Well Being ~ Yale University ~ 2020
- Certified Dental Assistant (Retired) ~ Vancouver Island University ~ 2005
My Philosophy: As a death doula, I do not judge your choices, your actions, your desires, or your experience. I am here to support you in figuring out what makes sense for you; that may include decision making, healing, processing, and more.